The American South is at a pivotal flashpoint. The last few years have roiled the region, from the pandemic to racial justice uprisings, from voter suppression to overt bigotry and physical attacks. Now is the time to add considerable heft to redirecting this momentum to a more inclusive, equitable South where everyone is safe and able to share in the region’s beauty and bounty.
At the Foundation, the present reality has prompted us to center racial equity and power building in everything we do. It also has compelled us to increase our grantmaking considerably to better meet the demands of the moment and the needs of our grantee partners, who are steadfast in their work despite powerful policy headwinds and threats of violence.
This moment also is prompting the Foundation to staff up. While we have long been a lean, efficient team, these challenges are, frankly, stretching our organizational capacity. Over the next year or so, we plan to add several people to our team in phases. Phase one begins this week, as we launch searches for:
- Network Officer: $75,000-$85,000
- Associate Network Officer: $65,000-$75,000
- Executive Assistant: $50,000-$60,000
The Foundation is casting our widest net ever, inviting the best candidates to work from anywhere in our 11-state footprint. Here are a few of the benefits of working at the Babcock Foundation:
- The sense of purpose that comes with being part of the movement toward a stronger, more equitable South as detailed in our vision statement
- The opportunity to collaborate with brilliant, like-minded people, including our staff, board and grantee partners across the region
- Generous benefits, including health coverage, retirement contributions and office closures twice a year
- The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the region, with resources provided to furnish, equip and maintain a home office
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate family responsibilities and other needs
- A convivial atmosphere characterized by warm relationships, mutual respect and good humor
Please share this post with smart, passionate changemakers in your networks. If you have questions, feel free to send us a note.
In the coming months, we will be launching the search for a new CEO. Please be on the lookout for that announcement, as we need your help in finding our next leader.